III







kawaii vernichtungslager


i was up with the sun
shining in my face

knock knock
who's there?
the SS, get in the truck

charged with masquerading as a carnival rat
guilty of conspiring against life blood and youth

"well i've never been one to bitch about politics!
off we go boys! take me away! just let me grab my anime"

i buzzed around and
pulled off my wings

then i crawled around
until they threw me out

they called after me,

"we'll leave you to the mercy
of your own tribe of flies"


political prisoner?
"i'm the dumbest guy in the world!"

i thought about how dumb i was
until my idiocy
put on black leather boots
and knocked my cabbage soup
right on out of my hands



its better than being at home,
but i'm the only fellow in the death camp,
and it gets dreary to certain extents
there's lots of fake work and no bunk mate

probably no guards either

at the end of the day
i take off my shoes at the doors of
a very long list of gloomy places



its great to be in the death camp
i only watch anime cartoons
and none of these fuckers
can turn this shit off



the population of the planet
is right back down to me

and i live in a world of anime

i have a dog named potato


i sing to a family of rice cakes

i have a bunk mate now,
the general weeps for his widow
but only when he's lacing his boots
we rarely speak



dango daikozoku!
for the sake of god,
never let me be alone!

certainly not a joke,
anime is very much the fabric of my survival
these are years of terror and purges




in anime cartoons
there are alcoholic mothers
and middle schoolers in comas,
but they're all so much sparklier

and i clap my hands
and dance around in the mud
the gas ovens are only clay
the puddles like sheets of tin
i'm bleeding bright spirits
and weeping lost loves




and what if i did things when i wasnt depressed?
oh right,
thats never

all the same,
i'll look across the compound
on the other side of the block




call over the anime girl with the big hat and the sun dress
she looks lonely over on the other side of the street
she looks like pieces of thousands of lonely kids
and she says she's a piece of her mom's biggest dream

and someone always dies in the animes
and then your eyes turn into planets
and your heart, your heart!

your heart coughs up things
that life doesnt know about

and you wonder
if you're creepy
too creepy
to live



get back to work,
slimeball




No comments:

Post a Comment