XXXIX


I think this'll be the first time I ever credited a quote
on this thing
so you know,
try to go somewhere and get this rare gold:



"yes yes shiver my timbers I want sardines for breakfast and a lemon for lunch
for a afternoon snack I'll get in a fight and you can keep my supper warm for
three days I'll take six foot of ground
sometimes a lonesome feeling gets me in a mighty good hold
you know a lot of the way peoples live is a pile of shit
don't put a After Six around my back I'd rather shoot the bones with the caddies
the help is always better than the ones in the bow ties
the loner that is me I loan out pieces of my heart like tickets to a picture show
where there aint nothing on the screen but solid BLACK"

-Frank Stanford, The Battlefield Where the Moon Says I Love You



No comments:

Post a Comment