XXXII

I have my friday nights too,
the mistake lies in getting drunk
while you're trying to do something else
"One should simply achieve drunkenness
beneath a highway overpass"

my therapist dyed his hair black
i dont know his name
he told me about his suicide attempt
during a boston winter like a mass grave
he told me about his difficult childhood
and his loneliness

I know my way around Rock Springs, WY
pretty damn well for having been there once
my therapist told me I was soft spoken
for an iconoclast

I told him the thunder belongs to the sky,
theres a storm in boston
raining like a sliced belly
some girls screaming somewhere

My therapist told me about his girlfriend
who shot coke until she wound up in the ward
one ward or another, theres always one

if i could only do drugs alone in my room
and know that my good friends
were doing the same thing

I have to walk 4 goddam flights
of stairs
to get to his office

No comments:

Post a Comment